Coconut Cashew Cranberry Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup 'Just Cashew Meal' cashews from Trader Joe's
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup organic granulated sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract or 1 scrape vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 2 tablespoons organic full fat coconut milk
- Add the cashew meal, coconut flakes, and cranberries in a food processor and pulse until they are coarse and crumbly.
- Add the sweetener, vanilla extract, pink himalayan salt and baking soda to the cashew/coconut/cranberry mixture in the food processor and pulse again until everything is well combined.
- Add in melted coconut oil and coconut milk to the processor and pulse again until everything is well combined. Pro-tip: Make sure the coconut milk is stirred in with the melted oil coconut oil before combining to the mixture.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the cookie dough into the palms of your hand and roll gently into a ball shape.
- Lay them on a baking sheet, and gently press down the cookies slightly (they will flatten out a little bit more while baking).
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Pro-tip: Keep an eye on them so they don't overcook/burn. They cook very fast. To prevent them from burning on the bottom, put the baking sheet with the cookie dough on top rack of the oven.
- After removing the cookies from the oven, let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until they cool completely. DO NOT try to remove them while they are still warm, they will crumble and break apart. This is probably the most important tip!
- Once they are cool enough to the touch, gently lift and transport the cookies to a cooling rack so they can crisp up.